We live in Surrey. We have two grown up children and two border collies and we all love to escape the bustle of city life to the tranquillity of North Devon whenever we can.
We have holidayed in North Cornwall and North Devon since 1987 when our children were toddlers and it has always been our dream to own a little part of this wonderful coastline. in 2004 we saw an advert from an estate agent about a derelict Victorian barn that was to be developed. We were lucky enough to be in from the start and were able to change the plans to suit our requirements although we had to allow for the Grade II listing. I use a wheelchair so we were able to ensure level access to the ground floor and garden.
We love that we are one mile from the A39 with it’s easy access to North Cornwall and North Devon, yet we are off the road in a peaceful, rural location with outstanding coastal views that many would drive miles to see.
The Byre occupies a peaceful corner of a pretty communal courtyard. There is a large private lawn and flower garden with decking and furniture to make the most of the stunning 180 degree views over open countryside and sea. Sit out and enjoy a relaxing drink and watch the sun go down, and, as day turns to night, marvel at the canopy of stars above in this tranquil setting.
We’ve just had a lovely week at the Byre. Beautiful location, easy to get to and so well organised. We had fresh flowers on arrival and a lovely bottle of wine – thank you Andrew and Stephanie, very welcoming.
- Large open plan lounge/dining area
- Double doors to decking and garden
- Exposed beams & Vaulted ceiling
- Tiled floor & under floor heating
- Gas fired woodburner
- Large beech table to seat 8
- 37″ Flatscreen TV with Freeview
- DVD/Video, Stereo CD/Radio
- Well equipped kitchen
- Electric hob/oven
- Fridge & Freezer
- Washing machine & Tumble dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Sleeps 6-8 people
- One double bedroom
- Two twin bedrooms, one with ensuite shower
- Gallery with futon
- Gas central heating and electricity inclusive
- Linen and towels inclusive
- Travel cot and Highchair available (not cot linen)
- DVD/Video Library, books, games and puzzles
- Parking for two cars
- Well behaved pets welcome.
- Non smoking only
- Level access to cottage, decking area and garden
- Free Wi-Fi